2017-2018 Prekindergarten Lottery and Enrollment
Thank you for your interest in the Atlanta Public Schools Pre-K program. We are accepting Pre-K lottery applications on January 30, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. - March 7, 2017 at midnight.
When accessing the application we recommend that you use Google Chrome or Firefox. The application may take approximately 30 minutes to complete. You may save any data entered and return to complete the application at a later time if necessary; however, all applications must be submitted by midnight on March 7, 2017.
1. Pre-K seats are filled through a randomized electronic lottery selection process.
2. To participate in the Pre-K lottery, your child MUST live within the Atlanta Public Schools attendance zone.
3. All applicants are encouraged to have a valid email address to enter the lottery application system.
4. If you have twins, triplets, etc. you will be required to submit multiple applications; however before the lottery drawing takes place, your applications will be linked together to ensure that they are accepted or wait listed at the same site.
This year, applicants will have access to an online lottery and enrollment application that can be completed using various mobile and technology devices from the comfort of their home. Applicants will be allowed to select a maximum of three (3) different Pre-K site locations and should list them in order of preference. We highly recommend that applicants select their zoned school as their 1st choice as that is the only school that Atlanta Public Schools will provide bus transportation services to. This also creates an easy transition to kindergarten. If your child is accepted into a site that is not their zoned school for Pre-K and you are interested in them remaining there for grades K-5, please visit the link below for student transfer options: http://www.atlantapublicschools.us/transfers . Note: Student transfers are not guaranteed.
Note: Selecting the maximum allowable sites (3) is optional.
The lottery drawing will be held on March 17, 2017. After the drawing takes place and the results are verified, you will receive an email notifying you of the results. If you are not selected for your 1st, 2nd, or 3rd choice, you will be placed on the waiting list for your 1st choice ONLY.
To ensure that you are prepared, please gather all required documents listed below in preparation for enrollment:
1. Proof of birth (your child must be four years old on or before September 1, 2017)
- Original certified birth certificate; or child’s passport
2. Proof of legal guardianship (If applicable)
- Only required if your name is not on the child's birth certificate
3.Parent/guardian proof of identification
- Valid state or government issued photo ID, such as a Voter ID card, a Georgia Driver’s license, or a valid U.S. passport ID
4. Proof of Parent/Guardian Georgia Residency
- Mortgage OR lease/rental agreement in your name, OR electric, gas, or water bill in your name; (Cable and phone bill are not acceptable)
**If you are living with someone and you do not have a lease, mortgage or utility bill in your name, you must submit the following: Signed and notarized Affidavit of Residency AND a lease/mortgage statement or utility bill in the name of the person that you are living with AND 3 forms of mail in the name of the child’s guardian showing a matching address to the affidavit. For a copy of the affidavit of residency form, please visit http://atlanta.k12.ga.us/cms/lib/GA01000924/Centricity/Domain/92/AFFIDAVIT%20OF%20RESIDENCYrevised032016.pdf.
5. Child’s original Social Security Card OR “Waiver”
- If a waiver is needed, it will be provided to you during the enrollment session
6. Proof of income (for Head Start sites ONLY) Click link to see if the site(s) that you are interested in is a Head Start partnership site: http://www.atlanta.k12.ga.us/Page/35082
- W2, tax return, SSI income, TANF, non-income declaration statement from the Department of Labor for year 2016
7. Child’s Peachcare card, Medicaid card, or health insurance card
8. Proof of food stamps and/or TANF (If applicable)
9. Immunization Certificate (3231)
10. Vision, Hearing, and Dental Screening Certificate (3300)
If you have questions, please contact the Office of Early Learning at 404-802-3640, email@example.com or follow us on Twitter at APS_ OEL.