2017-2018 Prekindergarten Lottery and Enrollment
Thank you for your interest in the Atlanta Public Schools Pre-K program. We are currently accepting Pre-K waiting list applications.
When accessing the application we recommend that you use Google Chrome or Firefox. The application may take approximately 30 minutes to complete. You may save any data entered and return to complete the application at a later time if necessary.
1. During the waiting list application acceptance period, Pre-K seats are filled on a first come, first serve basis.
2. To participate in our program, your child MUST live within the Atlanta Public Schools attendance zone, excluding APS employees.
3. All applicants are encouraged to have a valid email address to enter the lottery application system.
4. If you have twins, triplets, etc. you will be required to submit multiple applications; however, your applications will be linked together to ensure that they are accepted or wait listed at the same site.
This year, applicants will have access to an online enrollment application that can be completed using various mobile and technology devices from the comfort of their home. Applicants will be allowed to select one site of interest and can only be placed on the waiting list for one site. We highly recommend that applicants select their zoned school as that is the only school that Atlanta Public Schools will provide bus transportation services to. This also creates an easy transition to kindergarten. If your child is accepted into a site that is not their zoned school for Pre-K and you are interested in them remaining there for grades K-5, please visit the link below for student transfer options: http://www.atlantapublicschools.us/transfers . Note: Student transfers are not guaranteed.
Note: After your application has been received, you will be contacted by phone ONLY if a seat becomes available and your child is next in line to receive that seat.
To ensure that you are prepared, please gather all required documents listed below in preparation for enrollment:
1. Proof of birth (your child must be four years old on or before September 1, 2017)
- Original certified birth certificate; or child’s passport
2. Proof of legal guardianship (If applicable)
- Only required if your name is not on the child's birth certificate
3.Parent/guardian proof of identification
- Valid state or government issued photo ID, such as a Georgia Driver’s license, or a valid U.S. passport ID
4. Proof of Parent/Guardian Georgia Residency
- Mortgage OR lease/rental agreement in your name, OR electric, gas, or water bill in your name; (Cable and phone bill are not acceptable)
**If you are living with someone and you do not have a lease, mortgage or utility bill in your name, you must submit the following: Signed and notarized Affidavit of Residency AND a lease/mortgage statement or utility bill in the name of the person that you are living with AND 3 forms of mail in the name of the child’s guardian showing a matching address to the affidavit. For a copy of the affidavit of residency form, please visit the following link: https://www.atlantapublicschools.us/cms/lib/GA01000924/Centricity/Domain/782/AFFIDAVIT%20OF%20RESIDENCY_Long%20Form_rev%201-2013.pdf
5. Child’s original Social Security Card OR “Waiver”
- If a waiver is needed, it will be provided to you during the enrollment session
6. Proof of income (for Head Start sites ONLY) Click link to see if the site(s) that you are interested in is a Head Start partnership site: http://www.atlanta.k12.ga.us/Page/35082
- W2, tax return, SSI income, TANF, non-income declaration statement from the Department of Labor for year 2016
7. Child’s Peachcare card, Medicaid card, or health insurance card
8. Proof of food stamps and/or TANF (If applicable)
9. Immunization Certificate (3231)
10. Vision, Hearing, and Dental Screening Certificate (3300)
If you have questions, please contact the Office of Early Learning at 404-802-3640, mailto:email@example.com%20?subject=or follow us on Twitter at APS_ OEL.